A front-end developer is responsible for converting a graphic/interaction design of a webpage while making it accessible and behavior possible.
Position Flex aka PF webdevelopment has been working since 1999 (as from 2005 as a independent/ZZP-er) front-end developer, with a strong focus on the progressive enhancement method. Working on projectbasis for governmental organisations, internet agencies, advertising agencies, banking and companies.
Developing front-end (websites / webapplications):This website has been developed / is maintained in an environment which consists of: git, webstorm, nodejs, npm.
Webserver: Apache httpd
Front-end build/deployment method: npm scripts / rsync
The front-end developer in me:
- Remains up-to-date in current front-end development by making choices
- Working with a pragmatic mind, searching for solutions that work
- Modern browsers offer even more possibilities in the area of interaction and layout such as css grid layout en flexbox and i use them more and more
- Putting and using a structured frontend workflow by using package managers, build tools and pre-processors such as npm, webpack, gulp, sass and code linting
- Large experience on working Agile/scrum
- Useful experience in working together with frontend/backend programmers as well as graphic/ux designers
- In the past gained experience on building database driven websites using serverside scripting in PHP and MySQL in LAMP omgeving(Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP). Oa. websites built using a cms solution: Open Source Content Management System CMS Made Simple